I was floored by some of the performances that I had never seen. Especially his performance of "Fury". The man's playing was ON FIRE during that song. And that is no way an attempt to be "punny".
I didn't fully get on board the Prince wagon until the 'Batman' album and then it was pretty much over for attempts to see him live. I dug his music, but it was everywhere. I didn't feel the need to immerse myself in it when it was so readily available on the radio and television. I took it for granted because you just couldn't escape him. And when I finally found that deep appreciation, his shows became a little more rare and exclusive for me to attend. And now I'm kicking myself after witnessing the electric performances from 'Saturday Night Live'. Hell, I've been kicking myself for years.
And yes, his Superbowl performance still stands as the best one yet. In the rain, mofos!
Not a whole lot going on this week with television premieres. And the 28th kicks off May sweeps!
Monday, April 25
- ‘Reign’ is back with its spring premiere at 8pm on the CW.
- ‘Mike & Molly’ is also back with its spring premiere at 8pm on CBS. The remaining episodes are the last episodes.
- ‘Turn’ is back for a third season on AMC at 10pm. And possibly its last.
Sunday, May 1
- ‘Penny Dreadful’ is back for a third season on Showtime at 10pm.
Wednesday, April 27
- Season 3 ‘The Fosters’
Friday, April 29
- Season 1 ‘Danger Mouse’
Saturday, April 30
- Season 2 ‘Sensitive Skin’
Sunday, May 1
- Seasons 1 – 3 ‘Easy Living’
- Season 1 ‘LoliRock’